Wednesday, June 17, 2015

First Musical Blog- Running Home

For those of you (Hayden) who have been requesting some music, here is a song I wrote last year.  The chords are still a work in progress.  This was also my first time recording anything with my computer so the mic was too close.  I apologize, but just try to keep your sound low.  It seems to help.

I've been trying to put this as a video onto the page, but after two days it wasn't happening, so it is now on youtube.

 I wrote this song last fall when I was in a dark place.  I was struggling with completing my year of teaching while watching my friends move to California or New York in pursuit of incredible dreams.  It was hard watching people chasing their dreams while I felt trapped.  A few months before, some mistakes a friend had made came into light.  She is closer to God now, but I remember her being so scared I would judge her, but that isn't my place.  I struggle enough to tell black and white from gray without having someone else's choices to judge.  This song came from a time when I finally just gave up and gave it all to God.  It's a lot easier when you don't have to worry about writing your own life's story and knowing that "no matter how much we mess up, God will always put us right where he wants up." (Mark Christian)  



No comments:

Post a Comment