Monday, October 10, 2016

September Creative Writing Meetup Part 3

This one was a lot of fun.  It's called Headlines Prompts.  We were given 12 headlines with the directions, "write either a newspaper article, or a firsthand account from someone involved in the story using one (or more) of these headlines as a prompt."  Yes, these are read news articles.  Write your fiction version before reading the real versions!

Headlines

1.  Falling Chunk of Ice Creates Hole in California Resident's Home
2. Alligator Removed from Detroit Home
3.  Airline Passenger Tasered over "Man Purse" Dispute
4.  Alabama Woman Arrested after Trying to Break Into Jail
5. This Sleuth has Hunted the Loch Ness Monster for over 22 Years
6.  Army Vehicle Mysteriously Disappears
7.  Man Accused of Killing Lawyer Receives New Attorney
8.  Alton Attorney Accidentally Sues Himself
9. Motorists Uses Underwear to Dodge Fines
10.  Fugitive Monkey Caught, Order Restored to Kentucky Town
11. Man Cited for Driving 112 MPH on Way to Traffic Court
12.  Woman Attacks Man with Bowl of Spaghetti



Sleuth has Hunted the Loch Ness Monster for over 22 Years- Recorded First Hand Account

        It's been 22 years since I first saw it.  The dark had engulfed the home I was staying at on the cape.  Only a sliver of the moon showed over the lake.  I didn't believe it at first.  One of the most renown detectives never would believe something so incredible.  It was only visible for a few minutes, but I know something was going on.
        At first, I was positive it was either criminal activity or a government cover up.  There was no one I could trust.  The first 13 years I spent creating a deep government cover.  I did everything I could to become involved in any activity involving that lake.  Nothing came to light.  9 years ago, I realized the government was holding me back from the truth.
        They were sending me on these goose chases to keep me from discovering the real cover up. The Loch Ness Monster is real.  I immediately went off the grid to continue my investigation out of the governments reaches.  Though I have yet to gain sustainable proof, my followers and I will expose the truth to the world.  I'm not sure how you found me, but you can help.  Print the truth.  Print the truth to the world.


I did two more, but I'll another tomorrow!  Your turn!  Add your fiction story to the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment